challenge Monday, fitness challenge, forgiveness letter, nutrition challenge, plank up downs, self improvement challenge 5:00 AM
It's Challenge Monday ya'll let's go!!!
You get to enjoy my favorite arm exercise ;) ;)
I challenge you to work those arms with Plank Up-Downs everyday this week
Why Why Why
- Planks are recognized as the perfect core exercise, this exercise makes you move between a basic plank and an elbow plank
- This exercise tones the upper body works the core, and challenges your cardio endurance
- Body weight exercises can improve joint function, increase muscle tone and no equipment is needed
- Will Power
- Strong mind
- Exercise mat
Complete 4 sets 12 reps
*make sure to do these on a exercise mat to protect your elbows
Plank Up Downs
Start in plank position
Arms and feet hip width apart
Supporting all of your body's weight on your hands
Carefully lift left hand bending elbow at a 90 degree angle resting all body weight on your forearm
Carefully lift right hand bending elbow at a 90 degree angle resting all bodyweight on your forearms
Carefully lift left arm and straighten elbow, resting all bodyweight on left hand
Carefully lift left arm and straighten elbow, resting all body weight on right handThat's one rep
I desire nice arms. I've been an arm
lover since Angela Basset in 'What's Love Got to Do With It?' I can tell if I'm losing or gaining weight by the muscle tone in my arms. Every tear-jerking rep of Plank Up-Downs helps me maintain my sexy arms. Now get on the floor and start working on your summer arms now!
Try different cuisines this week
- I know it sounds strange but I really want everyone to EAT out of there comfort zone over the next 7 days
- Try Mexican, Greek, Indian, Thai, Burmese, Japanese, Korean German......
- Eating new foods spices up your life and can be a healthy change
- You never know what you like until you try it
- Changing your routine is healthy for your brain and your appetite
- A few great recipes
- An Open mind
- A few extra bucks
- Go out there and eat out of your comfort zone
- I'll be featuring healthy exotic recipes this week
I used to weigh over 300 pound and gained most of that weight by eating famliar foods. Since my family is from the South I regularly snacked on fried chicken, liver and onions, smothered pork chops, mac and cheese, freshly made cakes and pies, etc., etc. You name it, I devoured it as long as it was southern comfort food. When I decided it was time to lose weight I realized I had to totally revamp my eating habits. I had to get out of my eating comfort zone and try new cuisines. When I tried different cuisines I couldn't believe the flavors I had been missing out on. From fresh and filling Greek food to spicy Indian curries and healthy Vietnamese food I was hooked and I haven't looked back. This week I'll be sharing a few of my favorite exotic health recipes... can't wait for you guys to try my spanakopita!
Life Improvement Challenge
Write a forgiveness letter
I challenge you to write a letter to someone that did you wrong and give it to them
Why Why Why
- Humans have the tendency to hold on to pain, especially if the pain comes from someone we love or have a close relationship with
- When you write your forgiveness letter and deliver it, the experience and the person no longer has power or influence over you
- It's done! Finished! History!
- Clean sheet of paper
- Pen or pencil
- No phones or computers for this task, it's important that you actually out pen to paper
- An open heart
- Think of someone who has recently, or not so recently wronged you
- Take out a clean sheet of paper
- Describe the situation in full detail and explain how you felt at the time and still feel now that time has passed
- Make sure to include your true feelings, don't hold back
- Be honest
- Don't worry about punctuation, diction or spelling
- Try to pour all of your frustrations out into your letter
- Now this is the hard part actually forgive the person!
- That's right I said forgive
- When your letter is finished re read it
- The letter should help you come to terms with the root of the issue at hand
- If you feel so compelled give or send the letter
When I get mad at someone, like really really mad I usually clam up and say nothing. That is unless I'm mad at my man or my family. With them I usually pour my heart out right away so we can move on. But with friends I tend to clam up and slowly push them out of my life. I'm trying to change all that. I've written many forgiveness letters, I've even given a few. These letters usually respark the friendship or open up the lines of communication again. I hope this challenge saves a few friendships. At the very least it will save you from all the hardships that come along with holding grudges.
That's all today folks!
Peace & Love,